Wednesday, December 18, 2013

weight and debt are sooo related....

I know, i know, stop screaming... chill! i didn't say you....OK my weight and debt are related. It doesn't mean skinny people are not in debt, i am just saying that when you are either over or under weight you find somethings to compensate your issues and debt begins to accumulate.
 Weight and debt are related because there is spending involved , no wait over spending when you want to make up for some void or vacuum in your heart. Somewhere in Proverbs from the Bible it says - para-phrased Lord don't give me too lil or i will hate and mock you, don't give me too much or i will forget you and be pompous, but give me enuf so i may praise you and love you

What happened with me is that i felt so inadequate, so lost and definitely not worthy. I looked for things that made me feel better, so if a guy gave me attention, be rest assured my phone bill would go up, i also like buying food, and going out to eat, because remember my emotions are no wait were attached to food. i know to date i have phone bills i have to settle from 2009 and thank god i have agreed on a payment scheme that will see me starting my payment plan this December, now that i have been finally paid.

It also happened that i always sold myself short in terms of the jobs i deserved, i settled for being somewhere and wanting to be needed, that i would think, people would value my work and pay me my worth. I remember in 2011 i agreed to a job that left me in minus after pay day, my expenses and the salary were not tallying. OK i know you would say live within you means, on $500 dollars a month, with a child in school, rent to pay, food to buy, hair to get done etc. This job still owes me money, but thats besides the point, my self esteem hit rock bottom and i started eating like it was going outof fashion, food was my fix, my next high, and like any addiction, the last high wont cut it, you have to go higher. Same with shopping, its an expensive perfume today, which you dont need cause you already have one, then you need something even more expensive to get an even more euphoric kick. Listen i love a great perfum, but one at a time right? well thats me.

One of my Mentors Faith Ntabeni-Bhebe, always is there to help me out of sticky financial situations. She wrote a book which i encourage everyone to read, regardless of being male or female. The name of the book is Financial Independence... Women's Ultimate Empowerment (you can find it on amazon.com) This book taught me to live within my means and stop keeping up with Harare girls. So i cut my hair took a tennis racket and and make it look funky and i added a bit of colour, total budget $4 every 2 months. I also moved back home to Marondera to a rent free ( well i do pay rates and electricity, gardener and maid when my Son is back from boarding school) accommodation. i made lil but significant changes in my life because i realised that debt was going to choke me.

I have noticed that we like to live outside our means so as to feel good, and this has caused us to be so in debt its sad, we buy clothes not for you, no, but because everyone has that in town, shoes, hair, wat wat. I know right now some might be saying oh i can afford it, can you? really? so why do you pay for a gym you never go to, just so you tell people, i go kupi kupi weee? So why not be disciplined to walk first before you even sink a lot of money kugym kwausingaende? Stop this feel good what what traits you have, its eating into your investment money.

Instead of buying expensive cake, buy cucumber and chew on it, you save less and you become healthier. Some people over spend and end up in debt because their marriage or relationship is falling apart and if you check, you did not communicate well, that debts accumulated in your relationships its causing majority of your problems. Stop over spending and save your relationship.

I know some might be saying this has nothing to do with me, but please check your habits and your spending.... is it not attached to you emotion imbalances, with your impulsive buying? I am just saying as i shed my weight off i want to shed debts off too. So be free from every weight possible. This way i will make tangible progress, and feel good all round. so check your debt and your weight (and noit just physical, emotional spiritual and mental weight). It like the more unstable you get, the more you keep wanting material things to keep you sane and "normal", well hun, its issues that need to be sorted and debt that needs to be cleared otherwise you will end up even more miserable with a negative bank balance.

Sit down and write all you owe, and then one by one call these people and commite to settle bit by bit, and why you at it, weigh and burdens will also be shaded bit by bit... i did that, i am doing that and its helping. Time time, your weight x 10 equals your debt range... just speculation kani, tjo!

To be continued......

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this haunting post. Your truth resonates oh so well and deeply with me.

    Keeping up with the Hararians! OOh girl, I so hear you. I have been battling with spiritual weight...feeling like I owe pastors/ elders/deacons/ churchfolk...but knowing full well that I could not do it. It totally messed me up coz I HATE zvikwereti hanging over my head. Anyway, I have now resolved to do that which I can and only that. It started off badly, felt guilty but as my timetable became more manageable, I am feeling much better...and not guilty at all. Maybe I can begin to gain some weight. I am one of those who is 'slightly' underweight.
    Thanks for the book,...will look for it. I need me some financial empowerment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My baby sister, I still can't figure out when you "out-wised" me. My world fell apart when my salary stopped being paid regularly. I went from being an independant woman of considerable means and expensive habits to a nervous wreck. Four months down the line I'm realising that the universe provides. I haven't slept hungry, my children haven't noticed a change in our lifestyle, whenever I have a need a solution materialises out of thin air. He is faithful- ALWAYS as long as you are willing to draw close to Him. Your body is his temple and he will provide you with goodness and nutrition in the right measure. Air kiss. xo

    ReplyDelete