Thursday, January 23, 2014

Sokostina amplified!!

Oh gosh, ZESA ka, I had written 4 paragraphs and magetsi just went. How I have to start all over again; I wonder why my machine doesn’t auto save? Nxaa, now my blog will mutate into something else!
Anyway, let’s move to the meat of the blog…. Oh my!! meat, did I just say meat.? So we finished our Daniel’s fast as a church yesterday and I don’t even feel like meat. I am in no hurry to dive into a t-bone steak later alone a huge fillet steak or chicken breast.  I will take it slow, otherwise my system will go into shock and I will fall ill or have serious stomach cramps. I would like to advise fellow brethren to take it easy and reintroduce meat bit by bit. In this regard, may we please not abandon the vegetables completely.

Anyway, back to the journey I am travelling; it is becoming more and more satisfying. I have come to a point where I know, God is so God and He hears our prayers. He neither sleeps nor slumbers. Haarare Mwari uyu. In the last 21 days I have gotten so close to God more than I ever had been in 2013, I was dreaming dreams and seeing visions, like literarily!! The year of revelation and declaration has become so tangible for me that I enjoy my morning devotions kumba kwedu naPeace. God is soo good to us and we now have the discipline to read the word. We read the word at 430am and we share lessons from the Bible using the Celebration Church Darling Bible reading card. God reveals too us things and we make declarations and decree things. Then we pray before going out to walk/jog.

One of my friends who follow me on twitter said to me, “Tendai kasi you stopped posting days ekuenda kugym, asi you no longer working out?’ I am working out so much because I do not want to miss a day. I was posting everyday because I was establishing a habit and I need to be accountable. Right now I am on day 29 and loving it so very much. After the devotion, between 515am and 530am we go out for a brisk walk/jog for 30mins to 45mins. My hood in Marondera is blessed with up hills and down hills and all sorts of terrain; great exercising.  When you change routes to jog, your body and mind will not get bored, because there is a change in scenario, well it works for me. After work, I then go to the gym and do an intense 1 hour or 1 hour 30mins.
You know I have since learnt that the gym is my tension and stress out let. You should hear me screaming in the gym….tjo, it reminds me of child birth. What is your outlet? I used to take it out on food veduwe, just anger I ate, stress, I ate, papi ko, ndaingondoyera chikafu mukanwa (eating without a breather) ndonye ndonye, hakuna munhu akadaro kani! Now! When something ticks me off, I just close my eyes and visualize the gym, or running in the morning with all that fresh air, life’s good. I also realized with the 4 liters I drink a day, I do not have hunger pangs. I used to confuse thirst with hunger and eat when thirst and when hungry, thus more weight gained!

I have realized that I am happier and more loving and giving. In turn I am receiving a lot of love and attentions from people as well, even those that I am not expecting.  I am now taking better care of myself you know!I have realized that zveshuwa what you give is what you get. I am giving love, joy, truth (heish kani learn to give truth, lying is so much work, you have to remember the sequence of your last lie), happiness, compliments, smiles, hugs, clothes, time, I am just giving. Giving is not just about money, its about a lot of other things. Take for example Valentine’s Day is coming; I know, I know, you already thinking heeee, I don’t believe in pagan what what traditions, kupi… tibvirei apo! Valentines is a great time to show your loved ones, not just Eros love but Agape love, that you love and appreciate them. I am looking forward to some chocolate and sunflowers, *sigh* am such a girl… kikikiki

I am told I look younger even and my skin is smoother., my eyes are brighter and my laughter is louder! I know, to you  I might not have visibly lost weight to people, but a lot about me is getting lighter and lighter each day! No! I haven’t weighed myself. Why not? Well because the journey is not just about the scale and I, it’s about all aspects of the baggage I used to carry. So at the end of March I will be doing a full wheel of life analysis of my life including weighing. I do not do New Year’s resolutions, I usually settle for action plans, which are aligned to my personal strategic plan for 5years (what do you want to see in 5 years…. Good opportunity to do a personal strategic plan).

So since I am not weighing myself, I am looking at my clothes to see the progress. The other day veduwee, I screamed my lungs out when I fit into size 22 jeans (I know its double your size! So?) I thought my heart would pop out from beating so fast. Like seriously from size 26 here to 22? I rocked those jeans as if hameno! I had bought these jeans 2 years ago and couldn’t get in, not even pass my tighs, and forget about the tummy! Lolest! But hey, am in the jeans. Did you know you start loosing inching off your body before the weight goes? Well its happening to me. To top it of one of my BFFs Maureen, bought me a beautiful dress from USA and its Size 22, I can’t fit it yet because of the design and my tummy still needs some work, but give me two weeks tops and I will get a picture taken in it! Every girl (especially) if you are on weight loss program, need a goal dress! The one you try on each week to see if you fit and also just feeling and visualizing how great you will look in it!
The journey continues……….



1 comment:

  1. Hello, sunshine you! I am smiling and catching myself giggle as I hear your excitement thru the pages. I had missed the posts, for real but feared alerting you lest I gave u some unintended pressure. No meat for you from me- we do lunch and you get the salad and I get the Nandos quarter chicken. I am even more encouraged to offload my own "issues" which are eating me up inside manje challenge is that if I get lighter, my laughter would be so noisy it wd be deafening. #Sigh

    Am also looking forward to Vale...I was invited to Paint ball!! Super excited!

    God is the beginning and the end of it all, keep on doing you, my dear

    ReplyDelete